En
Chiesa dell'Immacolata
In ancient times, a hospital mentioned as far back as 1272 existed on this site. In 1475, a church was built here under the name of Santa Maria della Stella. Destroyed during the War of Siena in 1555, it was restored in 1580 and renamed the Chiesa della Misericordia. The high altar and the two side altars date back to this period. The current name dates back to 1958. The paintings featuring the "Annunciation," attributed to Niccolò Betti (16th century), and the "Holy Family," attributed to Galgano Perpignani (18th century), along with the fresco of the "Madonna della Pace" attributed to Luca Signorelli—previously located on a wall of the Church of Peace and moved here in 1789—are currently housed at the Museo della Collegiata.
Address:
Via Borgo Nuovo, 49,
Chianciano Terme, SI, Italy